What Is This Kitchen Tool Used For?

I found a kitchen tool and don't know what it is. It is used in one hand. It has a roller on each end. One of the rollers is about 3 inches wide. The other roller is about 1 1/2 inches wide. All I can think of is something to use with pastry but other than that I am lost.

Sandy from Halethorpe

June 30, 20080 found this helpful

Sounds like a baker's roller. I have one from pampered chef. look at their website.


ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
June 30, 20080 found this helpful

sounds like either a pasta cutter or what i've heard called a dounut braid cutter. try looking for kitchen tools on ebay just to compare the picture of it to know what it is. does it appear to be old antique?

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
June 30, 20080 found this helpful

Does it look like the pasta cutter on this page?


I cant tell if the wheels are different sizes or if the angle of the shot just makes it appear as such.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
June 30, 20080 found this helpful

Yep. I agree with Sara. I think it's a baker's roller. I have one made out of wood. I use it to help stretch pizza dough and to even out pie crust right in the pie plate. It's small enough to get into the corners. HTH

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
June 30, 20080 found this helpful

From your description, sounds like a pampered chef roller. I've got one myself! As some of the other readers posted, it's used to stretch out dough into a pan, hence the different size on each end. Mine has a little pick tucked in the handle. It looks like a tiny fork, and that is used to make "breathing" holes into the dough.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
July 1, 20080 found this helpful

thank you ladies. the only difference on my "bakery roller" is my rollers are wood. thank you again sandy

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
July 2, 20080 found this helpful

It sounds like a pizza dough roller. If you don't do alot of baking, it works great as mini massager on someones tired shoulders. Just apply slight pressure as you roll it across.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Article
rolling cookie dough
Using a Baker's Roller
Next >︎
Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsJune 30, 2008
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Spilled Milk in kitchen
Preventing Spills in the Kitchen
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Kitchen Utensils
Using Kitchen Utensils in Unusual Ways
New Years Ideas!
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 4, 2016 at 8:08:32 AM on in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!