Skipper (Poodle)

Skipper is my 9 year old Poodle. We adopted Skipper 4 months ago. His owner passed away and the son was wanting to find him a good home. Our 15 year old Poodle mix passed away 2 years ago. Once we met Skipper, it was love at first lick!

When he's in one of his playful moods, he steals Kleenex from the box and wants you to chase him. We travel often on business and Skipper loves to ride. He just chills as we put on the miles, as you can see from the picture.

By Mary

Anonymous

What a cutie pie and I am certain his original parent is looking down from heaven with a smile of relief that Skipper has such a wonderful new family!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

A pet who travels well is such a joy. They seem to really enjoy the ride and seeing new places. Our cat is the best traveling companion anyone could ask for, and it gives us so much more freedom. I don't like leaving him even when I know he's well-taken care of. I just enjoy having him with us. He sleeps with us in motels just the same as at home and where ever we are is fine with him.

Your Skipper looks to be as happy and relaxed as a clam. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That's wonderful that you opened your heart to give a loving family to an older dog who was probably traumatized form losing his person. I hope the son realizes how luck he was to find you!

Many years ago when my Grandma passed away, she had an old poodle that none of us were in a position to take in. He was the absolutely spoiled rotten, apple of Grandma's eye & so traumatized over her collapse at home, then never coming home from hospital, we didn't know if he'd ever get over it& the vet said we'd never find him a home. Then the angels looked down & found him a home with an older couple who fell in love with him & made his final years full of love & pampering! We were very grateful to them.

Reply Like this photo? Yes