Use Extracts or Perfumes Instead of Deodorizer

Before company is due, put one or two drops of vanilla, lemon or almond extract on the bathroom light bulb. Turn on the light before you leave the room. As the bulb heats up, a most pleasant odor fills the room. Sometimes I use just a small spritz of my favorite perfume. Perfume should not be overpowering. I also use this instead of deodorizer, when needed.

By Joan

This is a great idea and I have done it many times but make sure the drops or spray are 'completely dry' on the bulb before turning on the light switch ... Many bulbs 'blow out' from the combination of the moisture and heat :-(

I learned this one the hard way and ended up having to replace a few previously perfect light bulbs before learning the lesson :-(

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsFebruary 3, 2009
Screenshot of Odoban's website.
Odoban Reviews
Lavender Essential Oil
Using Lavender Essential Oil
Eco-Friendly Fabric Softener
Eco-Friendly Alternatives To Fabric Softeners
Homemade Vanilla Extracts
Making Homemade Extracts