Baby Food Tip

This is a great tip for baby food. I learned this from my Mom when I was pregnant with our first child. We bought squash and carrots. We cooked them till soft, then ran through a food processor or you could use a blender. Then, freeze in ice cube trays. After they are frozen, pop them out and put in baggies. When it is feeding time, pull out a cube and microwave till it gets to right temp. Its natural, no preservative baby food for pennies! You could do this with many veggies or probably even fruit. It was so much cheaper than those jars! Especially in the Fall when you can buy from all of the wonderful farmers market stands!

By Jill

That brought back many happy memories. I saved to buy a blender in 1967. My second baby was due and I wanted to feed her "normal" with nothing added. We did the same thing you did and it was great. She loved to eat anything ( and still does)

I did the same thing as you did with the vegetables but I also did up a stock pot of fruit. When my babies were just starting to get baby food, every few days I would have them try a new fruit. When all the fruits had been tried and were okay then I started to use the frozen ice cubes of pureed fruit that I had done up for them. One pot full put into ice cubes was enough for them until they were eating finger foods. Some of the fruits I used were apples, peaches, strawberries, raspberries. I added no sugar. The ice cubes (frozen) were easy to thaw. I would also put one, two or three in a small tupperware container when we went to town for the day or went visiting. Saved a lot of money that way plus I knew what I was feeding my children. The apples were from our trees, as well as the strawberries and raspberries.