Chuan Xin Lian For Cold and Flu

I recently found an inexpensive Chinese supplement, Chuan Xin Lian. It is touted to be somewhat anti-viral and boosts the immune system, (according to Chinese medicine). My husband and I used it with some success (plus goldenseal) during our last cold/flu/whatever bout. (You can find it on the web for less than $10).

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

Please be extra careful with Asian medicines and medicinal herbal blends. Many of these products have not been FDA approved and can contain toxins and heavy metals.

Additionally, many of these medicines can make westerners ill. We have a very different diet and often Chinese (specifically, but other Asian remedies may be included) medicines react badly with lactose.

I am a strong advocate of "Airborne" for preventative cold-care.

I used this because of a recommendation on some health site - you use it so infrequently, that I don't think it could do much harm - but avoid over-use, as with any antibiotic! I have had great success with trying herbal medicine and always research my choices before hand to see if there are any counterindications.

Before you take any supplement or medication it is wise to have the advice of a someone who is knowledgeable about the substance and how it may interact with other herbal supplements or traditional western medications you may be taking. Often, pharmacists are reluctant to offer advice because they are not familiar with the herbal compounds, I find it helpful to consult with a licensed herbologist who can help me manage my herbal supplements and traditional medications safely and effectively.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesDecember 13, 2006
Homemade Decongestant Recipes
Homemade Decongestant Recipes
Doctor and Sick Patient
Preparing for Cold and Flu Season
Preventing Colds and Flu, Woman with a Cold Blowing Her Nose
Preventing Colds and Flu
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding
🎉
🎄