Fixing Squeaky Classroom Tables

I am looking for ways to fix squeaky classroom tables.

Kimberlee

More info as to where but for old squeeky floors ya dust them w/baby powder.Hope this works.

WD-40 fixes everything squeaky!

I was asked for more information. Sorry for being so vague.

My classroom is carpeted. The tables are trapezoid shaped with a metal plate at each corner. Welded to each plate is a leg and two smaller supports forming a triangle.

These tables are very versatile and are moved around constantly by grabbing the tops and pushing and pulling. The squeak comes from the metal plate and wood rubbing together, I believe.

My thought was to turn them upside down and unscrew the plates, insert tiny rubber washers between the plate and the wood and some wood glue in the hole with the screw. I have fourteen of these in my room. I just see this as being incredibly time consuming.

These tables also have a rubberized edging glued around the edges. The kids are constantly pulling it off. I have tried attaching the edging with tape, glue, and small nails. Short of cutting off the kids fingers (lol), I am at a loss at what to do next.

I like the versatility of these tables. I don't want to get rid of them. What would you do?

Kim

vaseline on any thing that you think might be squeaking. Easy and fast

WD 40 should do the trick. Do this when the kids are not in, of course, and perhaps slip some newspaper or butcher paper under the area to be sprayed to protect floor.

WD40 can be an eye irritant. If the kids can touch the point where the WD40 is sprayed it will transfer to their hands. The subsequent reason for irritated/whiney kids might be hard to pinpoint. Wax is pretty innert but doesn't penetrate like WD40.

Maybe you could tighten the plates on the underside of the table and from now on only move them by lifting them off the floor instead of dragging them. It seems like constant dragging against the carpet would loosen the plates and cause squeaks.

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureMay 3, 2007
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎉
🎄