Browsing: Uses for Old Towels

Make Washcloths Out of Old Towels

Instead of tossing the occasional ripped towel, we make them into washcloths. This can be done very easily by sewing a zig zag stitch around the edge. If you don't have a machine, hand sew a small hem.

By Jill

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I found some thick name brand towels at a garage sale, except they had a row about 3-4" from each edge that had shrunken from the dryer. The rest of the towel was like new, and in a dark blue color. I cut the towels up, threw away the shrunken part and from the rest made face cloths and hand towels for my son who is in residence in University. I serged around the edge of the towels to finish them. So much cheaper than trying to buy good quality towels and face cloths at the store.

I've torn up old towels to make cleaning rags but never thought to make my own washcloths....but it's a good idea! I see towels at garage sales all the time....I've even bought some when they've been in really good condition. You'd be amazed at how people will get rid of real good linens just because they've changed their colors!

A laundry basket of towels
Uses for Old Towels
Crafts SewingDecember 12, 2004
Red Brown and Red gingham dish towels
Uses for Dish Towels
Washcloths
Washcloth Craft Ideas
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 13, 2016 at 5:10:09 AM on 10.0.0.49 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.