Cleaning Slimy Washcloths?

Category Laundry
If washcloths are reused regularly, they can get slimy and unpleasant with build up from beauty and cleaning products. This is a page about cleaning slimy washcloths.

Does anyone have advice for getting rid of that soapy, slimy build-up on a toweling face/wash cloth. I've tried boiling them in diluted ammonia, but it seems to make it worse. I can't keep buying new face cloths for the family.
Carolyn - South Africa.

Carolyn from South Africa

Answers

Best Answer

Add a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
Also make note that when washing towels and wash clothes you do not need to use as much detergent as you do for clothing because it holds onto the soap causing build up.

Best Answer

Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure towels, face clothes, dish clothes etc should be hung to dry completely when finished using. This helps to eliminate the slimey problem before it starts.

I've done this for years and have never had the problem at all. Another thing is to not use too much soap. You only need half of what is recommened on the box. Hope this helps.

By imaqt1962 (Guest Post)

Vinegar will take out the residue when used in the rinse cycle and will leave your clothing smelling fresh. Maybe you could try this.

By SHARON (Guest Post)

I would try adding 1 cup of white vinegar in with the washing. I find this works for me.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 1, 2019
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Slimy-Washcloths.html