Using the Last of the Peanut Butter

Looking for a tip regarding using the last bit of peanut butter from the jar. She'd put stuff in the jar and shake it and her kids would have a treat. Maybe it was powdered sugar? Love to know what that was and I couldn't locate it with your search feature. Thanks!

Camille from Farmington, MN

I remember my Mom adding brown sugar to the pb jar to help get the very last bits out. I was too young to know then exactly how that worked but it obviously did, since she always did it. There can't be very many possibilities other than using some type of scraper after adding the sugar.

I expect the sugar combined with the oil in the pb to make it less greasy.

Rachel Ray has many "bottom of the jar" recipes on her web site. She covers pb, mustard, mayo, ketchup etc. She has two sites one is for her tv show. good luck

I like to put in a bit of honey and shake. It makes a delicious topping for toast or spread on a warm flour tortilla.

Adding Karo syrup to peanut butter is really good on hot biscuits or on pancakes.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceDecember 8, 2008
peanut butter bars with chocolate and bacon
Peanut Butter Bars Recipes
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Recipes