Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
Make these cookies with a gooey peanut butter surprise stuffed inside. Using a cookie packaged mix, you can swap out the peanut butter cookie exterior with any type of cookie dough you like.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These cookies are for peanut butter lovers! They are peanut butter cookies, stuffed with a gooey peanut butter mixture, topped with peanut brittle M&M's. You can swap out the peanut butter cookie exterior with any type of cookie dough you like. I also like a chocolate chip cookie exterior variation. For this recipe, I used a cookie mix, made to its directions on the back. You can get creative with these. These cookies are pretty huge, so you can split one to share with a loved one and watch them ooze!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10 large cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 bag (17.5oz) cookie mix, made to its instructions
- peanut brittle or peanut M&M's
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Roll into 1 1/2" balls (about 10 of them) and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Pop in the freezer while you make the cookie dough.
- Make the cookie dough to package directions (or use your own favourite recipe). Place a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten into a disc. Repeat.
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer and drop one into the center of each disc.
- Drop a little dollop of cookie dough on top of the frozen peanut butter ball, then pinch the dough seams closed all the way around. Repeat with the rest.
- Add a couple M&M's to the tops. Press them in slightly and they are ready to bake.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool a bit before serving. Enjoy warm or completely cooled.
- If you serve them warm, the peanut butter will ooze out gently, but not leak out.
- I made a few smaller ones without tops. They were a nice variation, with the peanut butter filling exposed. They are like cookies with peanut butter fudge on top!