Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
December 7, 2019
These cookies are for peanut butter lovers! They are peanut butter cookies, stuffed with a gooey peanut butter mixture, topped with peanut brittle M&M's. You can swap out the peanut butter cookie exterior with any type of cookie dough you like. I also like a chocolate chip cookie exterior variation. For this recipe, I used a cookie mix, made to its directions on the back. You can get creative with these. These cookies are pretty huge, so you can split one to share with a loved one and watch them ooze!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10 large cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 bag (17.5oz) cookie mix, made to its instructions
- peanut brittle or peanut M&M's
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Roll into 1 1/2" balls (about 10 of them) and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Pop in the freezer while you make the cookie dough.
- Make the cookie dough to package directions (or use your own favourite recipe). Place a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten into a disc. Repeat.
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer and drop one into the center of each disc.
- Drop a little dollop of cookie dough on top of the frozen peanut butter ball, then pinch the dough seams closed all the way around. Repeat with the rest.
- Add a couple M&M's to the tops. Press them in slightly and they are ready to bake.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool a bit before serving. Enjoy warm or completely cooled.
- If you serve them warm, the peanut butter will ooze out gently, but not leak out.
- I made a few smaller ones without tops. They were a nice variation, with the peanut butter filling exposed. They are like cookies with peanut butter fudge on top!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.