Making Banana PB Cookies
Gold Answer Medal for All Time! 617 Answers
February 6, 2020
We get bags of bananas at a discount at our local grocery. They come like 20 for $2 so we buy them, freeze some, and bake things. The packaging also comes with recipes, and this is one I tried to great effect.
Prep Time: 30
Cook Time: 10
Yield: 25 or 40 depending on size
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or margarine (I suppose butter would do)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F and put parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Or spray it with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl with a sifter.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat banana, brown sugar, oil, and peanut butter until light and fluffy using electirc mixer.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually mix in flour mix until dough begins to form.
- Shape dough into balls. Original recipe calls for 1-inch balls that should yield about 45 cookies, but I was not particularly careful about that and got only about 25. Then recipe suggests you decorate with the edge of your fork to make crisscross lines but I did not do that.
- Bake until edges are soft which ends up being about 10 minutes. Quickly remove and put on cooling rack and eat when cold.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.