Banana Spice Cookies
You can use up those overripe bananas to make these delicious cookies rather than the typical banana bread. Try out this recipe for banana spice cookies.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
We had several over-ripe bananas that needed to get used ASAP, so I tried this recipe out. The cookies are very soft and light, and they taste like banana bread.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/4 cup flour (I used 1 cup white flour and 1 1/4 cup wheat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter or margarine with an electric mixer until soft.
- Add 1 1/4 cup flour, sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining 1 cup flour. Beat in bananas and stir in nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on a rack.
- Frost with a butter frosting if desired.
June 10, 20130 found this helpful
June 19, 20130 found this helpful
Your recipe lists 2-1/4 cups flour total, yet you mention 2-1/4 cups whole wheat and 1 cup white. Is this right?
Editor's Note: It should be 1 1/4 whole wheat flour and 1 cup white for a total of 2 1/4. The recipe has been changed. Thanks for your help with this.
In This Guide