Banana Oatmeal Fingers
A healthy snack for little people can be made with no added sugar. This is a guide about banana oatmeal fingers
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Banana oatmeal fingers are a great breakfast or snack for babies and toddlers. I make these for my 10 month old son and he loves them.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 banana
- Cut banana into quarters then slice.
- In a sauce pan, stir oats into water and bring to a boil. Bringing the oats to a boil with that water rather than adding the oats once the water boils will make a creamier oatmeal. Lower heat to medium low a cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in banana and remove from heat.
- In a microwave safe, flat bottomed bowl, spread the oat mixture in a 1/4 inch thick layer. Make sure to press the mixture down a bit to make sure it will come out in one piece once cooked.
- Place in the microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the oatmeal pancake from the bottom of the bowl and cut into thin slices so that is is easy for your child to pick up and eat. If it is still mushy, cook for another minute until a pancake has formed.
June 5, 20131 found this helpful
Banana Oatmeal Fingers are a great breakfast or snack for babies and toddlers. I make these for my 10 month old son and he loves them.
This is a great recipe if you are doing Baby Led Weaning. View the full recipe here: Banana Oatmeal Fingers