Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies

Category Oatmeal
The tasty goodness of banana bread in the convenience of an oatmeal cookie. Make some tonight. This is a page about making banana oatmeal chocolate chip walnut cookies.

I refuse to let things go to waste around here. I went on a trip recently, and when I returned home, I'd noticed no one had touched the bananas, leaving them to go overripe. Were they ugly? Very. Were they useful and delicious? Absolutely! If you use your overripe bananas to make desserts, you can cut down on the amount of sugar and butter you add in the recipe. These turned out awesome!

Bananas aren't all the same, so you may want to add or subtract some of the oats you add. The cookie dough should be just like the standard cookie dough in consistency.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

• 2 overripe bananas
  • 4 Tbsp salted butter, softened
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3 cups quick oats
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mash the bananas in a bowl until smooth. Whisk in the softened butter.
  2. Add the brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
  4. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
  5. Fold in the oats.
  6. Fold in the walnuts.
  7. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  8. Spoon balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten dough into discs. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are golden. Remove from oven to cool for a few minutes, then move to a rack to finish cooling.

I wanted to make something other than just another loaf of banana bread with my overripe bananas. I took the original Quaker oatmeal cookie recipe and merged it with a couple of banana oatmeal cookie recipes on the internet and this is the result.

Enjoy.

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies OatmealMarch 20, 2017
📓
🎂
🌻