Removing Grease Build Up On Cupboards

By Marsha 7

What can I use to clean the grease build up on the front of my microwave and cupboards? I've used different cleaners and they make everything gooey and sticky. Help!

Marsha from NE

Showing: Answers Sort

By Judi 18 938 Flag

I had the same problem and used comet, 409, vinegar,...the list goes on and on. I finally tried a magic eraser and it just rolled right off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try using dishwashing soap and some vinegar. I'm always amazed at the dirt it gets up, and it's more eco-conscious then all those harsh chemicals.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I found a product called Cabinet Magic that I've used for years. It's amazing stuff. Simply spray it on, wait a minute and wipe off the grunge. The heavier dirt might require a bit of 'elbow grease' and a second spray and wipe, but it's the easiest thing I've found to make cabinets look like new. It even removed paint spatters from one cabinet door! I found the product at our local Ace Hardware. Good luck and happy cleaning!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 467 2,133 Flag

Being an ex house painter, I got to use a lot of TSP...trisodiumphosphate. It's powdered and you mix it with water. It takes grease and esp' nicotine off walls and cabinets before painting. Make sure the directions say you can use it on vinyl or acrylic paint tho. Or, you might want to try dawn straight on a wet sponge. That stuff is amazing.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

'Lysol' '"foaming"' bathroom spray cleaner ... I know this sounds weird and is not exactly ecologically friendly but it cuts through built up grease when most other cleansers and elbow grease won't ...

I remember an apartment I moved in to when I was young that had disgusting grease buildup on the appliances and cabinets (the owner didn't clean it up) and nothing seemed to work ... I tried the Lysol Foaming and it worked great !!! Spray it on, let it sit for a little bit and then scrub with a plastic dish scrubber ... If the cabinets are painted, use a damp cloth instead ...

Because chemicals are not good for anyone be sure to have the windows open ...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim Churchman 3 1,277 Flag

What you have that makes it sticky is partial removal. What worked for me was 409 and a green scrubby pad, the felt-like stuff that scours pots that you can't use steel wool on. Good luck! Good for you for tackling that long-time mess!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Ammonia/water solution. Ammonia cuts grease like nothing else. Just be careful of the fumes, making sure you put enough water into the solution.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cora 1 113 Flag

I used a mixture of Dawn and warm water, and sprinkled a little baking soda on the rag before wiping the cabinet doors.

It worked well for me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pat 5 Flag

Use a microfiber cloth and warm water with a dash of vinegar.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenAugust 20, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Steam cleaning Upholstery
Removing Grease Stain on Upholstery
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
A cat in a kitchen cabinet.
Keeping Pets Out of Cupboards
cleaning grease off kitchen cabinets
Removing Grease from Kitchen Cabinets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 12:04:47 PM on 10.0.0.217 in 987 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings