Fun Floral Ball

This cute craft is a great way to welcome spring. Have the kids help and use these balls to replace candles for a floral theme. It's as easy as just sticking fake flowers into a styrofoam ball and enjoy.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

• 1 Styrofoam ball
  • assorted fake flowers
  • scissors
  • craft glue

Instructions:

1. Snip each flower off the stem, leaving a small point.
  2. Drizzle a bit of glue on the point and push it into the styrofoam.
  3. Repeat process until entire flower is covered.

This is a great way to use up old or left over fake flowers. If you don't have any on hand, try a local thrift store where you can get a variety on the cheap.

I made three of these balls, one from a 3 inch ball and the two others from 1 inch balls. I then set the balls out on my candle holders instead of candles.

You can paint the Styrofoam green before pushing in the flowers if you like. However, I preferred the crystal twinkle of the raw Styrofoam with my light beige and pink flowers.

By Aysha from Boise, ID

That would make beautiful wedding reception table pieces. I'm thinking spray paint the holders white or other wedding color, maybe even add some ribbon streamers. Using styrofoam, you could cut into the top and add a small candle holder and insert a taper. Not suggesting lighting it unless the flowers could be arranged so no wax hits them or the candle wouldn't touch them when it burns down though. With so many people looking to decorate cheaply, this would be fantastic! Lovely idea!

This is a great idea. I am going to share this with the mom's at school.

Floral ball made of artificial roses.
Making Styrofoam Floral Balls
Crafts FloralApril 1, 2009
tee ball player
Tee Ball Team Parade Float Ideas
Beautiful flower arrangement at a grave site.
Making Grave Site Floral Arrangements
Floral Arrangements on Wood Tables
Saving Money on Floral Arrangements
Making a Floral Wall Bucket
Making a Floral Wall Bucket
🎉
🎄