Make Dry Shampoo With Baking Soda and Baby Powder

I mix baking soda with baby powder as a great dry shampoo. I recommend the lavender/chamomile baby powder. The baking soda cleans off build up, and the baby powder soaks up the oil. It's absolutely great when you don't have time for a shower, and gives your hair great body!

By Dorinmoz from Sugar Land, TX

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Great idea! I'm sure the soldiers could use this idea when it comes to missions and they need something to take with them for a quick clean up. Rub this on their skin and away they go when they don't have time for major relaxation.

Sounds weird I'm sure. lol

You should be careful not to breathe in any talc baby powder. It is made of ground up talc stone & can lead to lung problems such as cancer.

I love this idea. I've used the dry shampoo b4, but didn't know how to make my own. Now, if I only had the ratio for the baking soda and baby powder I'd be "up-town". GBY

Thanks for the tip; but I too would like the ratio of how much baking soda to how much baby powder, please. And do you just store it in a small plastic shaker, salt shaker, or what?

Please I also would like the ratio of soda to powder and how to keep it stored. I have used baby powder for a quick dry shampoo but wasn't that satisfied. Never thought of baking soda although I use it on my face, teeth and put it into my regular shampoo! Thanks for the tip.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Easy Dry Shampoo
Dry Shampoo Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ProductsSeptember 9, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Substitution for Baking Powder
Substitution for Baking Powder
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
Baking Soda
Freezing Baking Soda and Baking Powder
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 8:04:36 PM on 10.0.1.106 in 630 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.