Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Make Dry Shampoo With Baking Soda and Baby Powder

I mix baking soda with baby powder as a great dry shampoo. I recommend the lavender/chamomile baby powder. The baking soda cleans off build up, and the baby powder soaks up the oil. It's absolutely great when you don't have time for a shower, and gives your hair great body!

By Dorinmoz from Sugar Land, TX

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Lisa Austin [20]09/13/2009

Please I also would like the ratio of soda to powder and how to keep it stored. I have used baby powder for a quick dry shampoo but wasn't that satisfied. Never thought of baking soda although I use it on my face, teeth and put it into my regular shampoo! Thanks for the tip.

By Lynn Marler [39]09/11/2009

Thanks for the tip; but I too would like the ratio of how much baking soda to how much baby powder, please. And do you just store it in a small plastic shaker, salt shaker, or what?

By Bernadette09/11/2009

I love this idea. I've used the dry shampoo b4, but didn't know how to make my own. Now, if I only had the ratio for the baking soda and baby powder I'd be "up-town". GBY

By Janet [7]09/11/2009

You should be careful not to breathe in any talc baby powder. It is made of ground up talc stone & can lead to lung problems such as cancer.

By Jaime Nasdeo09/09/2009

Great idea! I'm sure the soldiers could use this idea when it comes to missions and they need something to take with them for a quick clean up. Rub this on their skin and away they go when they don't have time for major relaxation.
Sounds weird I'm sure. lol

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.