Freezing Breadcrumbs

Would anyone know if you can freeze breadcrumbs and if so, for how long? Many thanks.

By h.arnott from U.K

January 8, 20100 found this helpful It's shelf life of almost everything in your kitchen and more.

Yes, they would probably be ok up to 6 months. Just make sure there is no hole in the package. You can also freeze bread and it will stay fresh but you need to double bag it. I put 4 slices in a quart bag then add as many bags as it will hold to a gallon bag.

I have frozen them for several months and they were fine. But I would recommend storing them in a ziploc type freezer bag with the air pressed out. They are more apt to pick up freezer odors than get freezer burn so keeping them in a freezer zip bag helps with that.

Here is the bread crumb direct link from what keeper60 kindly posted:

Many thanks for your replies to my request re freezing breadcrumbs. helen x

I have froze bread crumbs and cornbread crumbs for years. I use the bread crumbs in meatloaf or meatballs and the cornbread and bread crumbs in dressing.

Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsJanuary 8, 2010
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
freezing leeks
Freezing Leeks
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants