What is This Plant? (Canadian Ground Cover)

I bought a plant at a local nursery and noticed that this plant was growing with it so I separated them. Unfortunately I do not know what this is. The white flowers turn to green clusters then the berry like balls turn a black color. I would like to know what it is and if it will harm my cats.

Hardiness Zone: 9b

Alma from Corpus Christi, TX

Could you possibly post a photo pretty please :-)

here is another try at the picture I looked up the marijuana plant online and no it does not look like it. The green clusters almost look like green peas until they turn black.

Looks like marijuana to me. Could you post a bigger picture, "pretty please"? :-)

I love getting 2 plants in one pot!

sorry but I took the picture with my phone and I have never done the pictures before I will try again. Thanks for the help

Definitely not marijuana! I'd sure keep it away from my pets until I know what it is.

You'll get a good answer here probably but if you don't go to the garden web. I think it is www.gardenweb.com Look and see if there is a forum that helps you ID plants. Good luck!

It is a ground cover plant that grows wild all over the place here in Winnipeg, Canada...it is very hardy and grows and spreads quickly...unfortunately, I don't know the name of it, but it is good for growing in places where nothing else grows, like gravelly ground, etc....around here, everyone has it growing between the garages and around the garbage can areas....we have stray cats around here and they don't bother with it....

American Nightshade - Solanum americanum