Identifying a Garden Plant?

This bush was given to me by a friend who did not know the name of the plant or anything about it. I would like to know what it is and any growing information.

Thank you.

Rhododendron- plant/bush that loves the sun,heat tolerant,can grow 4 to 8 feet tall and 4 to 8 feet wide. Beautiful gift!

Oh my gosh, thank you for the info. always wanted a Rhododendron so that is perfect, will go ahead and re-plant it in the garden.

It could be an azalea.

At first I thought it was Rhododendron but then I was looking at the odd blooms (the spiky things) and I wondered if it was in the lily family...maybe a Peruvian Lily.

Our Rhod never shoots out long skinny blooms like that...but maybe I just have one that doesn't. It is old and came with the house so I don't know its pedigree.

Are you in the US? Maybe ask your local home extension office. pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

Post back with an update!!

Your plant looks like it might be an Ixora - perhaps orange?
These make beautiful bushes or even into a tree form (standard?) if trimmed properly. Many people have these as hedge plants and they are beautiful.
I believe USDA Zone 9 is the lowest recommended for planting outdoors but you can check that for yourself.
Know your USDA Zone?

garden.org/.../

These are hardy plants and love the sunshine as well as well drained soil.

Check out this link for more information - be sure to look at pictures to be sure we are talking about the same plant.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Ixora_coccinea

www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../growing-ixora-shrubs.htm

This is an ixora. It will do well in a pot, and in the ground if you are in a warmer climate. Mine flowers most of the year in South Texas.

Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantSeptember 23, 2019
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Garden-Plant-11.html