Determining the Value of Baseball Cards

We are looking for a good source to put a value on our baseball cards. We have heard that the stand by, Beckett's Almanac, is not very complete and that we should look elsewhere. However I cannot find another source, upon reading their reviews I would like to try another source. Anyone have any ideas?

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Baseball Card Values Versus Supply. Supply side economist always have the answer when determining the market fluctuations. And so it goes with baseball cards for sale. Two of baseball's only .400 hitters, Ted Williams and Shoeless Joe Jackson have about the same number of collectible baseball cards in circulation, yet Ted Williams' rookie baseball cards trade at around $1500 whereas Shoeless Joe Jackson baseball trading cards trade at nearly $2600. Modern era players, such as hitter and home run king, Barry Bonds, allegedly over saturate markets with now excess supply of Barry Bond baseball cards and memorabilia, with the result that pricing remains low and demand flat.

What I have done is to go to the local library or book store and thumb through their books - whatever the price listed is in there, I would figure about 30-50% of that is what I will get if I sell to a store.

It will also depend on the condition of the card as well and that can be found at the beginning of most baseball value books.

Good luck, Dawn

Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Consumer Advice Collectibles Sports CardsMarch 2, 2010
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
🎉
🎄