Binding Off on Knifty Knitter Round Loom

On the Knifty Knitter, when trying to stop making the brim of a hat, how do you take off the last row of stitches for the brim? It's leaving big loops.

By Cindy from NY

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Jean [6] 08/25/2010

Just Google Knitting Looms and you will find lots of help, here are a few places you can look, also try youtube.com

http://www.google.com/#q=binding+of ... p;prmd=v&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=x4h1TP63F8T48Aagw7jRBg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCoQqwQwAw&fp=570f19f4095ee271

I hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jean [6] 08/25/2010

You crochet around it, type in 'purling sprite' into Google, she wrote the book on loom knitting.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By sandra gaskill [2] 08/26/2010

You must be doing something different. The brim I make is knitted first, then when it is twice the desired length, bring the stitches from the first row up and over the working stitches on the pegs. On the next row, knit the 2 stitches on the pegs as one and continue up the hat. Brim is finished first. Maybe this is a different pattern and not really what you call a brim. but a cuff. I use it for children, kids, and myself for a warm, but not dressy, hat. Sandra

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Here are questions related to Binding Off on Knifty Knitter Round Loom.

Question: Binding Off a Round Loom

How do I bind off a plastic round loom?

By Rita from Meadville, PA

Most Recent Answer

By Patricia Eldridge02/04/2012

There are several videos on you tube that show you how to bind off on a knifty knitter loom. Here is a link to one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-9WEN3QJAI&feature=related

Question: Casting Off from Round Knifty Knitter

How do you cast off your project from the blue round hoop?

By linnea

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Binding Off on Knifty Knitter Round Loom

How do you bind off a Knifty Knitter round loom to leave an open end?

By Pat from Allenstown, NH