Preventing Cats From Spraying on Plants

I have stray and neighborhood cats that spray on my front porch, and also my plants and flowers. They are killing my garden! Does anyone have an idea on how to prevent them from spraying on outdoor plants? I've heard of the pepper and coffee grounds, but I don't think they are sniffing, they just lift and spray. Help!

Nicole from Chowchilla, CA

My cousin used moth balls.

good luck

edie

If YOU can stand the smell, I had a neighbor who would put moth balls in her flower bed to keep her cat from using it. I saw her cat go to the flower bed and he made a "couldn't-stand-the-smell" gesture after smelling the moth balls and walked away.

Editor's Note: Please remember that moth balls can be very toxic to pets and put them into something (a mesh bag) so that hey are easy to find when you want to get rid of them.

!!POISON!! MOTHBALLS are TOXIC and POISONOUS!! To animals, plants, *Groundwater, water run off and children

A cat in a house plant.
Keeping Cats Out of House Plants
Home and Garden Pest Control CatsApril 26, 2007
Spraying cat
Getting a Cat to Stop Spraying Inside
weed sprayer
Protecting Plants When Spraying for Weeds
cat outside
Discouraging Cats from Spraying the Outside of a House
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎉
🎄