Moving Duck Eggs

By Robert Miller 1

Can I safely move a mallard hen's eggs to another location and will she continue to sit on them?

By Robert from Kinder, LA

Filter Sort

By raisa 1 Flag

I have some duck eggs in an incubator and they are due to hatch in 4 days time. I have not seen or felt any movement when I have been turning the eggs and I wondered if this is normal or if I should be worried?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Judi 18 938 Flag

It's not likely that you can move wild duck nests and have the mother stay with them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Question: Duck Laid an Egg

Two ducks have been hanging my swimming pool. Last night the female laid an egg in the pool. I fished the egg out of the pool without touching it and put it in a grass insert for a flower basket. Will the ducks care for it or should I just throw the egg away?

By Brian from Setauket, NY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Bailey P. 2 Flag

If the mother don't come back put the egg in your hand and carefully take it in side put it in a box and keep the box open then put the egg in the box with a soft pillow and a big flashlight to keep it worm you never want to throw it away.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Moving Duck Eggs

I need to move a nest with duck eggs in it. Where and how can I make new nest?

By Poe 135

Feedback:

RE: Moving Duck Eggs

If these are wild ducks, most likely they will not survive a move. If they are pet ducks, pick up the entire thing and move it with the momma present so she will see where it is going to. Move it a little at a time.
Even then she may not like the new location and quit sitting.
Sometimes we can move our ducks and chickens within the coop area, other times they say forget it and quit sitting. Good luck. (04/23/2009)

By mom-from-missouri

RE: Moving Duck Eggs

A few years back there was a wild duck nest with eggs under a bush right in the middle of our grocery store parking lot. The DNR was notified and the nest was not moved until all the eggs were hatched. I couldn't believe that for weeks no one touched those eggs. After they all hatched, the DNR moved them to a safe place. I suggest you call the DNR or local wild animal refuge organization. (04/24/2009)

By antiquefreeque

Better Living Green Living WildlifeMay 5, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Mallard Duck swimming in a lake.
Mallard Duck Information and Photos
Duck Dinner
Recipes Using Leftover Duck
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Donald and Daisy Duck Costume
Duck eggs in a nest.
Moving Duck Eggs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:00:01 AM on 10.0.2.64 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsAnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings