Recommendations For Small Food Processor

I need a recommendation for a small food processor. My Bravetti Quad Blade stick blender just bit the dust (and didn't do such a hot job making bread crumbs, so it's no great loss). I owned a previous model of this item and it was excellent. Too bad they 'improved it'.

Holly from Richardson, TX

I have a Black & Decker 'Quick & Easy' and am really happy with it ... Have had it for about four years now ...

I have had a little Black and Decker processor that holds about 1 1/2 cups. I use it for tons of things. We had a fancy Cuisinart, but it gave up the ghost quite rapidly. My little one cost $10.00, and I had a $10.00 coupon!

I have a Black & Decker that I paid about $20. for maybe 4 years ago. It's all plastic of course, but is OK for light to medium jobs, and will grate cabbage and cheese if you hold the lid down. It certainly has been worth the money. I use it to mix pastry dough, scone dough, grate cabbage for cole slaw, grate cheese if it's more than a cup, shred veggies for spaghetti sauce....that kind of thing. I used to work in a commercial kitchen with a Robot-Coupe and a Kitchen-Aid, and for home use...go for the B & D or something similar, unless you're going to use it everyday, in which case you'd probably do better waiting for a sale on a Cuisinart. My opinion.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews KitchenSeptember 29, 2008
Lowfat Sour Cream
Making Lowfat Sour Cream
Small Walled Garden
Gardening in Small Spaces
Growing Carrots
Growing Carrots