Butternut Squash Puree
Microwaving butternut squash first and then cleaning and peeling, leaves you with the flesh ready to puree. Use your food processor and then refrigerate or freeze for future use.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Any processed butternut squash is expensive, because it is so hard to cut. Let your microwave do the work for you. You can use the puree for baking, cooking, or as I am doing, for soup. Since I grew my own squash, the only cost to me was my labor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes.
Yield: 1 got a quart from 3 squash
- butternut squash, as many as you want
- Using a sharp knife, cut some slits in the squash.
- Place in the microwave. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Since I had 3 squash, it took 15 minutes.
- Set aside and cool.
- When cool, cut open. Scoop out the strings and seeds.
- Put the flesh into the bowl of the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Freeze if desired.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.