Butternut Squash Puree
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
November 6, 2019
Any processed butternut squash is expensive, because it is so hard to cut. Let your microwave do the work for you. You can use the puree for baking, cooking, or as I am doing, for soup. Since I grew my own squash, the only cost to me was my labor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes.
Yield: 1 got a quart from 3 squash
- butternut squash, as many as you want
- Using a sharp knife, cut some slits in the squash.
- Place in the microwave. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Since I had 3 squash, it took 15 minutes.
- Set aside and cool.
- When cool, cut open. Scoop out the strings and seeds.
- Put the flesh into the bowl of the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Freeze if desired.
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 157 Feedbacks
December 15, 20190 found this helpful
thank you for this!i didnt know you could microwave them-ive avoided buying them because i had to chip the plastic like covering off the first one i bought,nice to live and learn!x
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.