Meaty Garlic Sesame Butternut Squash
Butternut squash, bell peppers, garlic, sesame seeds, and ground beef combine to make this delicious stir-fry. Make some tonight using the recipe below.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fun Asian-inspired butternut squash stir-fry. Laced with garlic and sesame oil, it packs a nice punch. I like to serve this with rice.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 ounces butternut squash, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground meat
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds to serve
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add squash and bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add water to pan and bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer for 10 minutes until squash is tender.
- If water hasn't cooked off completely, drain. Add most of the cilantro to the pan, saving some for garnish. Stir well.
- Turn heat to high and add ground meat. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and ginger. Stir and cook until meat is browned.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir and cook a minute or two. Serve immediately and top with toasted sesame seeds.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.