Covered Wire for Plant Ties

When your children or grandchildren receive gifts of toys which are secured to the packaging with all those nice plastic coated wires, volunteer to help them get it off by untwisting it instead of cutting it.

According to the size of the toy, you may get one or two nice pieces, or even 5 or more. They are already cut into generous lengths; and because of the smooth covering, they protect whatever it is you are using them for. They are much more durable and longer than the twist-ties from bread wrappers, etc. and are kinder to plants you may want to tie up to a stake.

Another favorable feature is they aren't going to rust and disintegrate when you used them outside. Knowing how useful these wires are keeps you from getting impatient when trying to get the toy freed from the maze of wires in the packaging; sort of like a frugal treasure hunt!

By Sandy from Elon, NC

What a fantastic idea! I know that I have thrown away dozens of these from toys, etc. As I become more and more aware of being frugal, I look at things several times to think of other ways to use them.

Thanks for sharing this idea with us.

I use these all the time to keep my electrical cords neat & tidy. I have a container full of electrical cords that unplug from appliances. I just wrap the cord around my four fingers to make a loop and once the cord is bundled, slip it off my fingers and put the twist tie in the middle of the bundle. I also use these to keep my birds cage locked tight. (Otherwise He's an escape artist!) :) I have many other uses for these twist ties, just use your imagination!

I have done this for years, am always there to retrieve that wonderful wire that is great for so many things, like tieing up plants, to wiring door knobs on cabinets together to save little fingers and to save what is inside. It has so many uses and comes in all lengths, plus it is kind to hands!

Reusing Toy Packaging
Reusing Toy Packaging
Better Living Frugal Living TipsApril 10, 2009
Outdoor Wire Reindeer
Reusing Outdoor Wire Christmas Decorations
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Bailing Wire
Craft Ideas Using Baling Wire
Making a Clothes Hanger Wire Organizer
Making a Clothes Hanger Wire Organizer
🎉
🎄