Removing Lint Balls from Clothing

Last week, I checked ThriftyFun for ideas on how to remove lint from dark clothing and fleece garments. I found the standard roll of sticky tape suggestion. Well guess what else works? I attached the furniture brush attachment to the hose of my vacuum and lightly brushed the surface of the clothing, back and forth, back and forth, etc. It is slow tedious work, but isn't a sticky tape roller too? This works, you won't have to rip the used section of sticky tape off the roller so it is much less costly!

By Bob from WI

We have an old-fashioned clothes brush. It sort of looks like a looped heavy-gague wire covered in bristles, but it works. I think it's older than hubby, and still has lots of use left in it. No sticky residue on clothes, either.

April 19, 2011 Flag

How can I remove lint balls from clothes without damaging them?

By doreenyepez from Fresno, CA

Answers:

Removing Lint Balls from Clothing

You can buy battery operated razors strictly for that purpose. (02/10/2011)

By redhatterb

February 10, 2011 Flag

I have a fleece hooded sweatshirt that has grown little white fuzzballs on its beautiful dark blue body. I have tried duct tape to remove them and washing the sweatshirt inside out. The fuzzballs refuse to relocate! Please help.

By FFL from Denver

Answers:

Removing Fuzz Balls from a Sweatshirt

Next time wash with dark clothes and check all pockets! Now the time consuming part, take a disposable razor (used one is okay too) and GENTLY shave the sweater, small areas at a time. It helps if you have a clothing shaver, but if not, use the above. Also, turn your clothes inside out, zipper up zippers and button clothes before washing. (11/29/2005)

By Streatch

Removing Fuzz Balls from a Sweatshirt

I agree with all of the previously postered ideas. Also be sure to avoid putting clothes you really care about in the dryer. They will last longer. I also found what is called a clothing stone. This is effective in getting pills off of hearty material, but would not work for delicate fabrics. You can get a clothing stone at The Container Store if you have one in your area. (11/30/2005)

By Mary

Removing Fuzz Balls from a Sweatshirt

Try the type of lint brush that has a red end on it. It doesn't look like it will do much but it works great! You can get it mostly anywhere but here is a link for it at Walgreens so you can see a picture of it...

Hopefully this link will work http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100760andid=prod3943 (01/11/2006)

By phishphan98

Removing Fuzz Balls from a Sweatshirt

I found a tool that you brush across the sweater (like a constant, twirling cheese grader) that removes the balls really easily! They're at Target! (03/19/2008)

By Sunny

lint roller
Removing Lint from Clothing
Home and Garden Repair ClothingApril 19, 2011
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
laundry basket of clean clothing
Preventing Lint on Clothing
laundry room with utility sink, washer, and dryer
Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain
Sweaters
Removing Lint from Sweaters
🎉
🎄