Dryer Left Brown Stains on Shirt Collar Tips

There are brown stains on the tips of shirt collars after I've dried them in the clothes dryer. I think that the collar tips are sticking into the perforated holes in the metal plate that covers the heat source, or maybe into the holes of the lint vent inside the dryer drum.

If this is true, how can I clean the dryer so that my collars don't keep getting brown stains? Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

By John from AL

Answers

If you do think your collar points are getting caught in the holes, I suggest trying this: safety pin them together lapped to keep them from getting caught. And use a good safety pin so it won't rust on your shirts. And don't use a baby pin with a plastic head! That would make a mess of another sort. ;) Susan in Omaha

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 3, 2010
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
Blue shirt with a white collar.
Repairing Shirts With a Worn Collar or Cuffs
dress shirt
Collar Stay Replacement Ideas
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
🎄