Getting Rid of Slugs

Does anyone know how to make an effective, liquid slug repellent/killer?

By Karen from OR

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I too have trouble with slugs. I would go out to the garden each morning and "pick" the slugs off. (save for fishing bait) This summer I have used milorganite fertilizer in my gardens and flower containers. The slugs have stayed away. I have also used slug and snail powder purchased at any garden center. That also works, but must be repeated frequently.

I have read that you can put beer in a pie pan and set it out. They seem to love it and crawl in and can't get out; "wonder why"? haha. You can also crush discarded egg shells and throw this around your garden and plants. I personally have done this for years and have not had a slug problem.

Slug on a Leaf
Getting Rid of Slugs
Home and Garden Pest Control Slugs and SnailsJuly 31, 2010
Slug eating a leaf.
Keeping Slugs Out of Your Garden
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 1:48:00 PM on 10.0.1.54 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.