Getting Rid of Slugs

Does anyone know how to make an effective, liquid slug repellent/killer?

By Karen from OR

I too have trouble with slugs. I would go out to the garden each morning and "pick" the slugs off. (save for fishing bait) This summer I have used milorganite fertilizer in my gardens and flower containers. The slugs have stayed away. I have also used slug and snail powder purchased at any garden center. That also works, but must be repeated frequently.

I have read that you can put beer in a pie pan and set it out. They seem to love it and crawl in and can't get out; "wonder why"? haha. You can also crush discarded egg shells and throw this around your garden and plants. I personally have done this for years and have not had a slug problem.