Craft Ideas for Plastic Coffee Containers

I have several of the red plastic coffee containers from Folger's coffee. Does anyone have a good idea for use of these for crafts, etc.?

By Sandy from Bedford, PA

Mine have: scraps of lace, buttons, yarn with a hole in the lid for me to crochet out of. In the kitchen I have my cookie cutters, rice, corn meal etc. In the winter months with snow I keep salt in one near the door for my steps.

I use mine to dispose of old cooking oil and food grease. I store it in the freezer so when I go to throw it away it doesn't make a huge mess in the garbage.

This year I plan to use a few of them to store Christmas ornaments in, as my old shoe boxes are in disrepair.

I also have a friend that uses them for storage and preparation her own homemade scent saches. She mixes the pine cones, wood shavings, and dried flowers with the scented oils in the containers so her good plastic is not ruined.

If you go to the Folger's website: http://www.folg  n-decorator.aspx they have holiday labels that you can print out and apply to the canister to make nicely decorated containers to use for cookies or other gifts.

If you have a lot and won't be using them, leave a note in the church bulletin, radio trading post, freebie section of the paper. Many garage clean up time begs for these. Workshops, retired guys trying to keep their wives happier with cleaned up nuts/bolts, etc.