Keeping Raccoons Out of Campsite

We are camping for the summer and in our campground a number of trailers have been invaded by a raccoon. Does anyone have any good ideas to discourage these animals? Is there a product out there that they don't like to come near, so I can surround my campsite?

By Sheila from Ontario, Canada

I don't know if this will work for raccoons but I do know it keeps the cats and dogs out of our trash when put out for garbage pick-up day. Just pour some ammonia (about 1/4 cup full) into each bag (which we use) or into your garbage can(s). They do not like the smell and will leave it alone. I've been doing this for at least 8 years with no problems whatsoever. It's worth a try. Good Luck!

Two raccoons find a cooler at a campsite.
Keeping Raccoons Out of a Campsite
Home and Garden Pest Control RaccoonsJune 1, 2010
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Raccoon Getting into Birdfeeder
Getting Rid of Raccoons
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage