Day After Thanksgiving Dinner

Looking for a good use for all those Thanksgiving leftovers? My family gets together with 2-3 other families for dinner the day after Thanksgiving. We all bring our leftovers and share what we have. Then we all take home "go plates". It is a fun way to share another meal.

By Leslie from Brandon, MS

I always make one of hese casseroles up on Thanksgiving day after I have taken all turkey off the bones.

In bottom of casserole put a layer of turkey meat cut up, then layer of left over stuffing, then mix 1 can of mushroom soup with some left over gravy. I heat the gravy/soup mixture so it is easier to combine. Pour mixture over dressing, stick a knife in a few places so gravy goes into casserole. I usually freeze this to eat later, but you can bake following day for the get together. Bake at 350 about 45-60 mins, til hot and bubbley.

We actually served this dish to 200 for our wedding 53 years ago, so is a well tested recipe.

Take all the left overs and make one layered casserole. Turkey layer, sweet potato layer, turkey gravy over it, layers of corn, peas and onions. stuffing, what ever was for dinner, even put in the cranberry sauce. If you had mashed white potates and yams put it in. Put turkey gravy over it all and in between the layers to keep it moist.

Heat it up and wow is it fab. It is like an entire thanksgiving all at once in your mouth. My husband throught I was crazy, but he loves it. He looks forward to it every year.

Laura