Iron While Seated

My spine is arthritic, so I have a problem standing for long periods. I started a few months ago to use my chair, which I use for sewing and at the computer, for ironing also. If your ironing board is an adjustable height, you can sit down and lower it until it's comfortable.

I always set mine up where I can lay the finished items on my bed. The ironing basket sits on the floor next to me. It makes it so much easier. I either watch TV or play music whilst I'm ironing.

By Marty from Houston, TX

My spine is like yours, I am so thankful to read what you wrote, can't wait to try it out as drycleaning costs are getting way too expensive just to iron my clothes.

I'm a bit of a lardy with a bad back too as a result of running round desserts carrying rowena. I like to fill her with gin and put her onto deep crease spray setting for a quick nip whilst I straddle her at aid stations.

Ironing Tips
Ironing Tips
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 9, 2011
Waffle Iron
Cooking Uses for a Waffle Iron
Oreck Cordless Speed Iron
Oreck Cordless Iron Reviews
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron