Storing Cologne

I received several bottles of cologne for Christmas and was wondering the best way to store it to keep the fragrance from losing strength.

Terry from Ballinger, TX

Cologne (perfume) should always be stored in a cool, dry place to preserve it. The refrigerator is a good place to store it. :)

I think I read that cologne/perfume should be out of direct sunlight. I don't keep a lot of cologne on hand and try to stick with just one or two at the most and use those up before buying more.

Colognes actually get stronger as they get older and start to smell bad rather than good. I think they contain alcohol.

I really like Coty Wild Musk and have been using for years and years. I was able to get two full size bottles fixed together at Wal-Mart after Christmas. Normal price was around $8.88 and I paid half that ....for 2 bottles. I shouldn't have to buy more for a while and I've decided that my time to buy fragrance will be the day after Christmas!

Cologne is alcohol based - so it just evaporates - so don't open the bottle & when you do - close it tightly! Perhaps put some in a spray bottle - that makes applications easier. It's meant to be used more than perfume - as it evaporates much more quickly - so don't just use it for special occasions!

I have always heard that perfume needs to be stored in a cool, dry, DARK place. Light apparently also can alter or destroy fragrance.

Don't store cologne in the bathroom, where hot showers occur. Keep it like in a bedroom.

Organizing AdviceDecember 29, 2006
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Grapfruit wedge with grapefruits in the background.
Storing Grapefruit
Whole limes and limes cut in half.
Storing Limes
Pile of red cherries.
Storing Cherries