Rubber Mat for Dog Kennel

Where can i find a thick, but cheap rubber mat that is waterproof for a dog kennel? I have a dog with allergies and he needs a rubber mat for his kennel so that he doesn't have allergic reactions to the grass or dust. Please help with any information you have. Thanks

Alaina from Lynchburg, VA

I would suggest heading to your feedstore for a horse stall mat. They are indestructible and sanitary - urine does not soak into it. They come in 4x8 sheets or close to that. I had a hard time moving it (heavy!) until I had a brainstorm: I attached a pair of large heavy C-clamps which made great handles so I was able to move it exactly where I wanted it. I believe they are made from recycled tires. This will be a permanent solution for you!

how about somthing like a large rubbermaid shower mat?

You've already gotten some great suggestions! I suggest a rubber door mat (I got a great one at WalMart that has a perforated design).

Good luck,

Nancy in Florida

Hi some of those are good comments but have you thought of the plastic rubbery runners for carpets? Try something like that, if it were a small dog i would have suggested a car mat but that is a big dog and a pretty one at that...

Good Luck!!!

try an autoparts place (rubber car mats) or maybe ask on freecycle.org if it is available where you live. Or also if you like goodwill or salvation army or garage sales. Also try an office supply store for a foot fatigue mat (same rubber mat really)

There are all kinds of rubber. Just 'cause it's rubber doesn't mean it's not going to cause an allergic reaction. Depends on how cheaply it's made. I see that someone already mentioned hypo-allergenic ones at Wal-Mart. Great!

You can use and try Supranusa, a great products with high quality material. You may visit their website www.suprarubber.com