Sources of Financial Assistance with Medical Expenses for the Uninsured

I have recently been switched to injectable insulin, I have no insurance and no money either! I have applied for patient assistance, but have not been sent anything yet to help me with the cost of my insulin. I need Humalog very soon, what do I do in the meantime? Help please. Thank you.

By Cindy from MN

Most doctors get supplies of insulin, tell them of your financial situation and maybe they can get you some. Also try emailing the manufacturer for financial assistance and thirdly, I have been buying from a pharmacy in Canada and the Humalog is around 30.00 and it's less the more bottles you buy at one time. Hope this helps

I'd check with your Dr. who ordered it for you then go to your local Health Dept. for assistance. God Bless.

I think if you can't afford it the pharmacy has to provide it. There are grants to cover it. You just don't know how to get one. See if there is a diabetic help agency in your area by asking your Dr. or calling your local hospital and explaining your situation.

Call your county Health Dept. Call the county or state Department of Social Services and ask the locations of clinics...and yes, your doctor may have samples but you may have to push and ask. Good luck.

Hello,

You can get in contact with the manufacture of the drug and they will provide it free of charge. Good luck.

Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 8, 2010
Couple Trying to Find Utility Bill Assistance
Where to Find Utility Bill Assistance
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner, Happy Couple Talking With Financial Consultant
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner
A woman holding a help sign.
Finding Temporary Financial Assistance and Housing
Bill folder for medical expenses.
Tracking Medical Expenses
🎄
🍂