Help with Using a Sling on Dog

My dog recently dislocated her hip, she is in a sling but refuses my help to get up. I am using a sling I put under her abdomen. She has to use it as little as possible so it hopefully stays in place any suggestions or past experience that could help me?

Millie from Fresno, CA

Answers

Make sure she is on a leash. Then you can put a towel under her abdomen to walk her until you get out into the grass in your yard and then let it go so she can use the bathroom, or just decrease the amount you are holding her up so she has some control. If her leg is in a sling, she should be able to get around on 3 legs pretty well after a couple of days of adjusting. Just make sure she stays on a leash so she won't run away.

Pets AdviceAugust 4, 2008
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Baby in Sling Carrier
Making a Baby Sling Carrier
dog sitting in bed
Dog Pees in Owner's Bed
🎄
🍂