Looking for Advice on Carpet Cleaners - Categories:

Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Looking for Advice on Carpet Cleaners

Can someone tell me the name of a good carpet cleaning machine. Would like some input before I buy one. Thinking of Bissell.

Sandy

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

The "KIRBY" company makes a great shampooer. The vacuum (which you must have to use the shampooer with) is pricy, but can often be found in thrift stores and yard sales. There's a kirby dealer in almost every major city. If you can obtain an older working machine, you can get a corosponding shampooer and sudsing liquid from the distributor, or buy online. It works with dry foam rather than steam, which is better for your carpet, and will dry in a few hours.

I think the Bissell is the best. We originally had the expensive Kirby (I know, how dumb) and then we tried a Dirt Devil brand. The Bissell works the best of the 3. We also have the bagless Bissell vac and it is the best vac we've ever had too.

I really like my Hoover Steam-Vac. I have had it for a few years and it continues to operate as expected. It has 5 rotating brushes instead of a roller type brush. I like it better than my son's Bissell, because the feed and pickup tanks are large and easy to empty and fill. I only run cold water through the machine. Hot water might be better, but I use a garden sprayer to wet down the carpet with a solution of laundry detergent, clorox and water before I steam, so the temperature doesn't seem to make any difference. I have an old dog who makes a lot of messes, and the Steam Vac keeps my carpet presentable as long as I react pretty quickly. Otherwise I have to repeat the treatment after a couple of hours.

Jon

I agree with the vote for the Hoover Steam-Vac. I got one back in July and love it. I use hot water in mine, but that's just my personal preference. It's easy to empty and refill and I like it a lot.

Best of luck,

Donna in Kansas

Go to http://www.kirby.com and click "Schedule a personal in home demonstration today!" your nearest Kirby office will come out and show (not tell) you what their system can do. I've had a Kirby for over 20 years with ZERO problems and outstanding performance. I just upgraded to the new model with the transmission and I'm again more than happy with it. Just think, you have nothing to lose. They will come to you, show you what the Kirby can do, clean any room in your house for you FOR FREE!!!!!! And if you for only God knows why don't like it they will take it with them, no strings attached. My Kirby has saved me thousands of dollars in carpet replacement alone. And with the 100% LIFETIME warranty I never have to buy another one unless I just want to (Think about how long a $200 vacuum lasts, maybe 2 or 3 years. So in these 20 years I would have paid at LEAST as much as I did on my Kirby, and after that it just keeps saving me money.). In fact, even with 5 of us living on this carpet, it looks as good now as it did 20 years ago. All we do is vacuums once a week and shampoo once a year. I know of no other system that can do that. But again, you have nothing to lose, and thousands to save. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I have a Bissell and every time I use it the belt breaks. I would not buy another one again.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsOctober 13, 2004
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:57:56 AM on 10.0.1.69 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.