Removing Corn From the Cob

To cut corn off the cob without burning your fingers, first boil your corn. I always cut my ears in half. Take tongs and get the corn out of the water.

Hold the corn so you can stick a corn cob holder in the top. Holding it in place with the corn cob holder take a sharp knife and cut downward. Turn the corn as you cut it so you get the most of the corn from the cob.

Voila! you have fresh corn with out burning your fingers.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

Really good tip! I do mine in a large deep bowl instead of on a plate so the kernels don't go flying everywhere for me to have to chase down though. They seem to fly no matter how sharp the knife. ;-)

Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesAugust 27, 2010
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave