This was taken from vegcooking.com but slightly adapted by me. Also a great gift idea for vegans/vegetarians or people you know who can not eat dairy.
- 3 garlic gloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts (sunflower seeds can be used too)
- 3 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (found at health food stores or in health food section at your grocery store)
Place the garlic and pine nuts in a food processor and process until minced. Add the basil, salt, and pepper and process until the mixture is ground into a paste. With the machine running, pour the oil into the feed tube in a slow, steady stream until well blended. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the soy cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
By Lisa from Halifax
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 7:10:18 PM on 10.0.2.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us