Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Rice Krispie Treats

The Best Rice Krispie Treats you will ever eat! This recipe makes the cooiest gooiest bars. They get raves whenever I make them and are nice and thick.

• 11 1/2 cups Rice Krispies (or generic)
  • 1 stick butter
  • 16 oz. mini marshmallows

Directions:

Grease a 13 by 9 pan. Meanwhile, melt butter on med-low heat on stove. Slowly stir in marshmallows and stir until smooth. Immediately pour over krispies in a large bowl, stirring with a sturdy wooden spoon and pat firmly in pan. I grease my hands first. I then lick my hands after which leads me to eat a treat right away. You can press in cute sprinkles for Easter, and wrap in plastic wrap for giving, as well.

Servings: 12 large bars
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
5 Minutes Cooking Time

By joynchocolate

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Susan Meadors [3]03/09/2010

My mom taught me a trick concerning Rice Krispie treats. She would use a spatula to press the mixture in the pan, and rather than buttering the spatula, she would just dip it in water. It worked just as well and added no calories to the mixture! Then you don't have the delicious mess all over your hands!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.