Use Potato Masher To Crush Walnuts

I had to make banana nut bread not too long ago, and did not have time to chop the walnuts. I grabbed the potato masher, and smashed the nuts in a hurry, and was very surprised to find out how good it worked. Not like they would have turned out had I used a food processor, or chopped by hand, but the results were surprisingly good, and not a whole lot of dishes to clean up afterward. This tip I will use again.

By Carole from Locust Fork, AL

I put the nuts in a heavy duty storage bag and stomp on them a few times. Does the trick quick!

and no mess! : )

I was very surprised to find out how WELL it worked.

When I need chopped nuts, I put them in a ziploc bag and pound on them with the side of the meat mallet. That works good too!

Potato Masher
Uses for Potato Masher
Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsDecember 5, 2008
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
Hot Potato Salad
Hot Potato Salad Recipes