Removing Logos from a Leather Jacket

I plan on painting my leather jacket with fabric paint that I use to make T-shirts. Ironically enough my question is, if I wanted to change what was on my jacket, logos etc. how would I get that paint off? I figured I'd ask as a different question since the other similar ones were concerned with paint spills and obviously less paint applied to the article of clothing. Thank you!

Jake from Virginia Beach, VA

First of all, fabric paint is not the thing to use on leather. If you can find a leather supply store, they sell special dyes in small pots to use for painting on leather. Or try for mail order. It would not be possible to remove though, so perhaps if you are sure you want temporary painting, try the paint on fabric paint, but it will probably be necessary to rough up the leather so that the paint will adhere, unless it is not smooth leather to start with, therefore you would end up with rough spots on your jacket if you removed the painting later. I would suggest that you save your good leather jacket and paint either a denim one or get an old used cheap one to try painting on.

Thanks, but it's not really a "good" leather jacket. It's the cheaper and tighter fitting of the two I have. See I heard that there was a soap you could use to wash it off. It's an acrylic based fabric paint so I think it'll adhere, but be able to wash off with a little bit of elbow grease.

I'll put up some pictures and show you when I'm done if you're interested.

(PS I've already done the denim jacket thing, and a navy shirt, a marine jacket, and as previously mentioned: T-shirts, leather is the new frontier!)

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherFebruary 11, 2009
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather