Masking Tape on Shoes for Traction

Growing up in Minnesota, if the ground was slippery and the tread was a bit worn on our shoes and boots, we would place several strips of regular masking tape on the soles. This gives great gripping power for your feet and your back side may not get such a beating from falls!

By Dawndidit from Junction City, KS

Oh my goodness, I forgot about that tip. My Mom used to do that all the time. Oh scrapping the soles of a new pair of shoes on cement. So they were not slippery.

I never would've thought humble and inexpensive masking tape was so useful. And since it's on the soles, folks wouldn't usually notice. Thanks for the idea!

Winter Weather Tips and Tricks
Winter Weather Tips and Tricks
Better Living Frugal Living TipsFebruary 4, 2011
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Uses for Masking Tape
Uses for Masking Tape
Masking Tape
Crafts Using Masking Tape
🎉
🎄