Last night a house lizard unfortunately fell from the ceiling and went under my bed. I was in it fast sleep, off from my office work. I didn't notice that, but in the morning I had been bitten on my right leg in 3 to 4 areas were it became a red spot like a cherry.
You know it's really painful and burning on my leg. So can anyone give my any advice? Do I need to meet a doctor? Is a house lizard very harmful? Please tell me of your past experiences. I am grateful to you. Thanks.
By Hariprasad from South India
I live in another country, so I am not aware of what type of lizards you have there. I would go to a doc myself. Are you sure it was a lizard that bit you? I think here they suggest that you get a tetanus shot if you are bitten by anything, and they double check to make sure if wasn't a spider that is poisonous, such as a black widow or brown recluse. I'm not sure what they do for a lizard bite. Might not hurt to get it looked at, just to be sure it doesn't get infected or cause other problems.
The only truly poisonous lizards live in the USA and Mexico. A house lizard is a gecko, isn't it? They aren't poisonous though they can sometimes spread infection through bacteria. Can you see any puncture marks on the bite? I agree with the other poster, it might not have been a lizard. I'd go to the doctor. Good luck to you!
Dear Hoptownracer1 and Tapestry lady, thanks for your suggestions. Finally, I visited a Doctor near my house and got treated with an injection and few tablets for 3 days. Now its under control, but really last night i was frustrated due to heavy pain on my right leg and skin became reddish like a carrot eye. You know, today I am checking my bedroom for any other insects or creatures around should not disturb my sleep, as in early morning i have an appointment being myself a Technical Specialist. Thanks anyway. Wish you good day.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!