Treating a Lizard Bite

There are many different kinds of lizards, but only the bearded lizard and the Gila monster are considered poisonous. If you have been bitten by a lizard that you think is poisonous, call 911 or other emergency services immediately. This guide is about treating a lizard bite.

My father was bitten by a house lizard tonight. Is it dangerous or not?

By Abhijeet

Answers

Best Answer

I would suggest disinfecting the bite, then bandaging it. Keep an eye on it and watch that it doesn't get infected.

Last night a house lizard unfortunately fell from the ceiling and went under my bed. I was in it fast sleep, off from my office work. I didn't notice that, but in the morning I had been bitten on my right leg in 3 to 4 areas were it became a red spot like a cherry.

You know it's really painful and burning on my leg. So can anyone give my any advice? Do I need to meet a doctor? Is a house lizard very harmful? Please tell me of your past experiences. I am grateful to you. Thanks.

By Hariprasad from South India

Answers

Best Answer

I live in another country, so I am not aware of what type of lizards you have there. I would go to a doc myself. Are you sure it was a lizard that bit you? I think here they suggest that you get a tetanus shot if you are bitten by anything, and they double check to make sure if wasn't a spider that is poisonous, such as a black widow or brown recluse. I'm not sure what they do for a lizard bite. Might not hurt to get it looked at, just to be sure it doesn't get infected or cause other problems.

Is it poisonous?

Answers

First off, do not ever wait for your post to show up here to find out if something is going to hurt you. Contact your poison control center, call the hospital or get on www.webmd.

Please remember it takes almost 3-4 days to post here.

My mom had a house lizard bite her today at home. Spots of blood came out of the wound. What should I do for treatment?

By Dr. Jagdeep from Sirsa, Haryana, India

Answers

Clean it with soap and water and keep covered. See a Dr. if it doesn't begin to heal or has redness around the site.