Recycling Broken Jewelry

How can broken jewelry be recycled?

Beth

What type of jewelry is it?

Can you glue, or attach a pin to it ?

If it's gold and/or silver, you can sell it. If it's costume jewelry and has beads with holes, give it to somebody who makes stretch bracelets.

I make jewelry and was delighted when I recently found several broken chains, etc. after we moved! I am going to use the chains to make some chandelier earrings, some of them will be used in making pins and still more will be used to dangle beads from a focal bead on a necklace!

Let your imagination be your guide! Have fun with it!

Thank you for the feedback. It is a mangled silver necklace (not a chain, more like the kind that has a slider on it).

Thanks again for the FB!!

I had a lot of broken and orphaned jewelry which I glued around a mirror frame. I used this mirror for a very long time and recieved many compliments on it. It was a lot of fun to make as well. I filled in the 'holes' with stray beads, buttons and shell.

Good luck. Kelly

Several years ago a friend of mine's mom passed away. She gave all of her mom's costume jewelry to someone and had them make a Christmas tree out of it. The person took a heavy piece of cardboard, cut it into the shape of a Christmas tree and covered it with a piece of solid colored fabric. They then took the "bead" type jewelry and strung it to make like garland running it up and down the tree like real garland. The extra pieces of jewelry they hot glued around on the tree. It was very pretty and my friend can display it year around and keep memories of her mother close to her.

I just got a magazine by Better Homes and Garden. I think it's titled: 100 decorating ideas under $100.00. Love the repurposing! Anyway, they used broken or single earrings and put them all around the bottom edge of a lamp shade-very pretty, used a cutlery tray that was painted and decorated to hang on a wall and hung jewelry in it, decorated curtains, you can use them across a valance, as a curtain tie back, into shadow boxes, to decorate the edge of pillows-you could attach them to plain napkin rings, a dish for a candle centerpiece, the edges of a picture frame or mirror, the possibilities are endless! I really loved the candles with sparkly bangles around them-cute!

Crafts Recycled CraftsNovember 13, 2006
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Costume Jewelry
Cleaning Costume Jewelry
🎄