Fruit Fly Trap

This will rid your house of them for good. I use it constantly.

• 1/4 cup of vinegar
  • 1/4 cup of apple juice
  • 3 drops of clear dishwashing soap

They flies will be attracted to the 'ripening apple scent' dive in and the soap washes the wax coating off their bodies and they drown. A favorite thing for my kids to do is to count how many we catch EVERY DAY. This is a fail safe natural and VERY simple method to rid your house of them. Good luck!

Put it in a wine bottle. (You could use any bottle with a long neck.). The fruit flies get in but they can't get out!

Wow, folks, I do hope this really WORKS! It sounds so wonderful to get rid of them cheaply! I am so disappointed that some variety of mosquito has now developed a resistance to my wild field of Society Garlic, but is repelled when I use old original Listerine on my skin prior to going out to harvest the garlic. For years, we had NO pests/flies, etc., but now they seem to be back!

Thanks for the good advice/formula. I'll likely try it.

God bless you. ":)

I do the same but use apple cider vinegar and it saves a step :0) ... Also... I put in small cup with plastic wrap... Keeps the little buggers in there

I'm a little confused. I can understand the concept but why do the fruit flies keep coming in your house. Could it be that the formula is attracting them? Just curious.

its the fruit on the kitchen table! :-) and its not all the time, just in the season that they're most annoying. The colder weather tends to keep them away more. It does work great though. I use it when I see them, not all the time. :-)

I have tried the apple cider vinegar and soap. It works GREAT!!! I love to have fruit around, but hate to put it in the fridge all the time. This has cured the situation.

Fantastic: Tried it and got rid of them all. Now I don't have to worry about buying extra fruit and eat it all as it ripens. Thanks a million, they were driving us crazy but did not want to give up the fruit.

I am trying the apple cider vinegar and hope it works. I don't usually have a problem because I always wash all my fruit as soon as I get home from the grocery store. Unfortunately, I had 2 mangos in a basket on the counter to ripen and didn't realize the bottoms were rotting. I kept seeing all the flies and was wondering where they were coming from until I looked at the fruit. YIKES!!

I heard that either basil leaves or bay leaves left in a bowl or glass on your counter will keep the fruit flies away can someone tell me if this is true?

Does the apple juice make the surface sticky? Does it draw ants?